May's Permabee finds us at Fagan Park Eco Garden in Galston
The afternoon will focus on building a herb spiral for the garden, and planting it out.
For those unfamiliar with herb spirals, the follow link provides some great information;
The time frame for the day is below.
1pm to 1:30pm
· Permabee participant arrival
· Sign on
1:30pm to 2pm
· Welcome and eco garden briefing by Tanya - Eco Garden Officer
· Task brief and safety talk by PSN Garden Team
· Tool and material collection
2pm to 3pm
· Design layout
3pm to 3:15pm
· Afternoon tea
3:15pm to 4:30pm
· Construction, infill and planting
The Eco Garden location is shown on the map below
There is limited free parking along the gravel road that goes from Arcadia Rd and up to the Netherby homestead. The gate will be dummy locked and can then be left open for the afternoon. You will need a parking permit displayed on the dash of your vehicle which can be obtained from Tanya on the day. Please ensure the following;
- You are not allowed to drive beyond the sheds or into the park
- Keep to 10km/hr or less and look out for people as you drive in. There are usually many visitors including families with young children who may not expect to see a vehicle around the Netherby homestead.
Other parking options include free street parking or $5 parking in the main parking.